Schedule a Test Ride
Demo rides can tell you a lot more about how a motorcycle will fit and perform for you than any number of magazine articles, rider reviews or blogs ever could, which is why demo rides are a long standing tradition here at SoSo Cycles. We believe that when ridden on real roads by real riders, the premium motorcycles truly excel. So offering demo rides, makes the rest of our job a lot easier.
In order to provide a safe, quality experience for all demo ride participants a representative of SoSo Cycles is present (on a separate motorcycle) for all demo rides. Our sales staff will work to make sure that you are comfortable with the motorcycle you ride before we ever kick up a sidestand and if you have questions along the way we’re right there with you to help out. Of course there are some restrictions and requirements for all demo ride participants so please make sure you qualify before arranging a ride.
Demo Ride Participants Must Have:
- * A current, valid motorcycle license or endorsement
- * An active insurance policy that will cover you and the motorcycle that you are riding while on the demo ride. Be sure to call your agent before scheduling a demo ride if you are unsure on this point as some major insurance companies do not extend coverage to any vehicles other than the primary one listed on your policy. Just off the top of our head we can think of one aGGRESSIVE insurance company that has denied these kinds of claims in the past. Better safe than sorry :)
- * A DOT-approved motorcycle helmet for demo rider (and passenger if you would like to bring one)
- * A copy of a completed and signed Borrowed Vehicle Agreement. To be abundantly clear, this form verifies that you will be responsible for the motorcycle you are riding. If you crash it, you (or your insurance) will have to pay for the repairs. The Agreement will be filled out when you arrive at the dealership and show us your license and insurance.
Additionally, we HIGHLY recommend that demo ride particpants have:
- * Completed an MSF training course if unexperienced with motorcycling
- * A motorcycle jacket that includes armor for elbows, shoulders and spine
- * A pair of motorcycle riding pants that includes knee and hip armor
- * A pair of leather or strong textile gloves
- * A pair of leather or strong textile boots that cover and protect your ankles
Things that are NOT allowed on SoSo Cycles demo rides:
- * Passing demo ride leader (except in emergency situations)
- * Unsafe riding of any kind including, but not limited to, speeding, wheelies, stoppies, burnouts and any other stunt riding tricks that you may have up your sleeve. It’s pretty cool that you can do some of these things, just don’t do them on our bikes.
We maintain these rules and strict guidelines for all of our demo rides so that we can maintain a safe environment for all riders and to ensure that our demo bikes are in good condition when it comes time to sell them.
We hope this all makes sense and you’ll come down to ride with us. Complete the form below and we’ll get back to you ASAP to confirm the particulars of your test ride.
San Francisco, CA